Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Day

Today is set up to be a long day. Here at work until 830 tonight. I've determined that I'm going to focus on work though when I get home. Hopefully. At any rate, I did some file organization this morning. During the insane winter and spring quarters last year all of my project files turned into three big throw-all folders that have become a jumbled and totally unorganized mess. When I sat down to begin revising some of the things I saw wrong with my portfolio I realized that it was essentially impossible to find any file that I needed in order to edit the link on the larger pages. Things have been moved around so many times within the HD that its ridiculous. So, this morning I created a new folder for three main projects that I completed during spring quarter 2009 and have been going through the hundreds of PDF's, Sketch-Up models and exports, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files and placing them in their correctly organized space. I'm actually opening each file though this time and doing a thorough check. I think one of the issues I was having in the past is that the clutter was so big I felt I had to rush through by organizing just by glancing at the thumbnail or title of each file. Not going to cut it.

Other than that I was thinking about some design stuff. I'm still working on the Zion Project which is somewhat amusing. But in the end I think that it made me realize more than ever that design and thus architecture is not simply a do it done project. It requires revision after revision after revision. And then more revision. When I submitted the initial draft (knowing its not done) of the logo/business card to the Zion Group the amount of opinion and input was unimaginable. I have a plan of action though but I have a feeling that there will still be much revision and that this whole thing could lead to much more design work in the future. Hopefully.


Real Estate Web Site Hosting
Real Estate Web Site Hosting

No comments: