Saturday, December 3, 2011

The difficulty of applying to Internships

So as you may or may not know, I recently quit my job at Radioshack to free up some time to apply to some internships. I feel that this is necessary for a couple reasons. The first reason is that I think that overall I want to take control of what direction my life is moving in terms of where my money comes from. I think that however I make my money, the primary goal shouldn't be the cash itself but rather the learning experience and the places the employment leads in the long run. Do I want to be where this employment leads? Radioshack? Big future? Not for me. So that is the main reason, which brings me to the difficulty of making it happen. Making it happen...alright. So the biggest issue, and I'm sure that any of you in a similar position already know this, is finding the time to make an acceptable portfolio in conjunction with making any sort of livable income AND of course studio courses, etc. I've found myself putting together some portfolio pages that I am by no means satisfied with which takes away the whole point of making it in the first place.
If you know what I mean, leave a comment. The top images are particularly the ones I am referring to. I loathe them very much because I know I can do much better. Anyways, I now need to tell myself that the amount of time that it took me to spew out this post wasn't enough time to change these to tabloid ratio rather than letter. Until next time!

1 comment:

mr. piggy said...

((like))